Saturday, December 5, 2009

Ide 30G hard drive shows only 1.9G?

I have a used 30G IBM IDE hard drive. But when I browse on my computer it shows only 1.9 G.



Could someone help me with the problem......?



thanks



Ide 30G hard drive shows only 1.9G?performing arts center



My lap top is 40 GB. It was repaired by a hardware person who changed the hard drive. After receiving it was only showing 10 GB...! But accidently oneday I was exploring the device manager, and found a partitioned drive unformatted. When the format was complete it now shows 40 GB. THe same may be your case. However, I can give you a link that deals with hard drive problems. Some RAM/hard drive problems can be easily fixed yourself by using easily available tools. I found the info at http://fixit.in useful. Try this site, if you can get what is required.



Ide 30G hard drive shows only 1.9G?sunshine opera theater



Is that 1.9gb used or available?



It might me partitioned (divided into separate drives). Is there another drive with like 28gb?
We need to know what operating system you are using. If it's an older system, it may not be able to see the entire capacity of the drive. Try formating it in NTFS if you have win2k or winxp, check your BIOS as well.
is it internal or external and it would have to be FAT32 to be its orignal its probably partitioned into other drives is there any other drive that it more that this

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Ltd