Saturday, December 5, 2009

What's the best way to record shows on Comcast?

Some features that I would like to have:



-be able to control the channel box through the recording device (it needs to be compatible with my Motorola Cable Box)



-be able to record one channel and watch another channel at the same time



-be able to use the TV guide to automatically program which show I need to record (instead of specifying the showtimes)



I am hesitating between these different possibilities:



-VCR



-DVD recorder



-Comcast On Demand recording option ($10/month) through cable box



-with my computer



If you are using one if these device, explain why you like/dislike it, and explain in detail how I can install the same configuration that you have (especially if you are using your computer to record shows)



Thanks!



What's the best way to record shows on Comcast?home theatre



I work at Comcast...so I can answer any questions you may have. As far as recording television through your computer.......I have heard people talk about this, I personally think its a waste of time. Not really sure what the point is here.



I did at one time have Dish Network. I had a DVR in the living room and just the outlets in the other rooms.



I could record a show and pick TV1 or TV2, and then while my program is recording, I could just watch another program.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Ltd