Thursday, December 10, 2009

Transfer Tivo movies/shows to computer?

I just downloaded Tivo Desktop and I was wondering, is that the same thing as TivoToGo? Also, now that I have Tivo Desktop, how do I get movies and shows from the Tivo to my computer? I can get music and pictures from my computer to tivo, but I can't get anything from the tivo. Please help!



Also, I have a macbook, if that makes any difference. : )



Transfer Tivo movies/shows to computer?imax theater



I'm not sure if it's the same on a Mac as a PC, but if it is, here we go:



First, you need to have your Tivo hooked up to your home wireless network.



Open Tivo Desktop and there's a button called "Pick recordings to transfer." It should bring up a list of recordings on your Tivo box. Pick the ones you want to move to your computer, then hit "start transfer". It will move the recordings to your computer, but you can only view them on your computer if you have a DVD burner. Hope that works for you!



Transfer Tivo movies/shows to computer?classical music opera theaterTiVo to Go and TiVo Desktop are totally different. There is no sanctioned way to transfer programs from TiVo to a Mac other than a program you can buy for $100 from Roxio. I'm trying to find out how to transfer programs to my mac as well. Report It

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Ltd